- Alrededor de 2 horas
- A la entrada del Monte Testaccio
Monte Testaccio Tours, Rome | Official Guided Private Tours of Monte Testaccio for small or large groups, tickets, reservations to visit the archaeological site in Rome.
RECORRIDO APTO PARA NIÑOS
Tour of Monte Testaccio begins in Monte Testaccio, which is an artificial hill created between II° BC and III° AD entirely by the fragments (in Latin “testae” hence the name of Testaccio) of amphorae used to transport olives, oil, or wine that were unloaded from the ships in the nearby river port of Rome. The hill has a perimeter of about 3,330 feet and is 150 feet high. It constitutes an important source of historical documentation about the economic development of the Roman Empire, the commercial relations, and the food habits of the Romans. Many amphorae from Spain and North Africa have marks on their handles. Others are painted or with notes written indicating the exporter’s name, the contents, and other important information. Calculating the number of amphorae accumulated allowed us to know the amount of oil that reached Rome in this period. Our tour guides are professional licensed guides possessing solid historical, archaeological, and artistic backgrounds.
To confirm your reservation your tour en Roma, we need:
- Your hotel in Rome and Tel Number
- Your credit card information (nothing will be charged, it is only to guarantee your reservation).
You can send your credit card details in two different emails, not American Express. The total payment in cash will be made at your meeting with our Tour guide. The entrance fees are not included.
|PUNTO DE ENCUENTRO:||At the entrance of Monte Testaccio in Via Nicola Zabaglia, 24|
|HORA DE LA REUNIÓN:||In agreement with your needs|
|TAMAÑO DEL GRUPO:||La de su partido|
Concessions: € 5,00; Concessions apply to:
- citizens of the European Union between 6 and 25 years of age and over 65 years, and to residents in the city of Rome between 18 and 25 years of age;
- teachers with permanent contracts in state and municipal schools;
- members of the Municipal Library Association of Rome, in possession of the Bibliocard (library card);
- holders of the “C.T.S.” card, the Italian Youth Card Association, the International Student Card, and the members of F.A.I.;
- promotional initiatives aimed at tourist, cultural, and sports promotion;
- holders of the annual ATAC and Metrobus annual Cards;
- Roma Pass holders, from the third entrance onwards to the visited museums and/or archaeological sites.
- citizens enrolled at the People’s University of Rome (UPTER);
- Italian Police Personnel, under presentation of a personal badge.
Rates per person vary according to the number of participants in the guided tour and Include:
- Reservation Fees, tickets, Tour guide, Headsets, VAT, and Tax
- Guided Tour | Our tour guides are professional licensed guides possessing solid historical, archaeological, and artistic backgrounds