Ancient Ostia Tour. Exclusive Guided Private Ancient Ostia tours and Roman Seaside. Enjoy the best experiences in Rome with a customized guided tour.
Ancient Ostia Tour Exclusive Private Ancient Ostia Guided Tours and the Roman Seaside
Ancient Ostia tour. Enjoy one of the best experiences once you are in Rome and join a guided tour of Ancient Ostia.
Travel with your private driver, aboard a luxury vehicle, to Ostia, where you will meet your official tour guide to visit the ruins of the ancient port of Rome.
Just 30 minutes from Rome, you reach Ancient Ostia, which, being at the mouth of the river Tiber since the foundation of the Eternal City, has been the natural outlet to the Tyrrhenian Sea for about 1000 years.
In the port of ancient Ostia, there was not only the nerve center of the trade of all products imported from all the countries bordering the Mediterranean but there was also one of the headquarters of the navy of the Roman empire.
The archaeological area of ancient Ostia is one of the largest in the world. Thanks to the private tour, you will have the opportunity to discover the incredible wonders in this place, full of history and charm.
During the private guided tour of ancient Ostia, lasting 2/3 hours, your expert guide will accompany you through the maze of ancient alleys, streets, and squares of a city that was among the most important of the Roman Empire for centuries..
· Ancient Necropolis, which develops on the sides of the Via Ostiense, with tombs and mausoleums of famous people dating back to the 2nd century BC;
· Porta Romana from which, crossing it, one could reach Rome
· the Terme dei Sette Sapienti, dating back to the first half of the second century. A.D., and which include the Caseggiato degli Aurighi and that of Serapide;
· The ancient Roman Theater, with a capacity of 4,000 spectators still used today in the summer to organize shows
· Countless mosaics and paintings that decorated the splendid homes and public buildings;
· The Forum, the political and religious center of the city and the place where the Cardo and the Decumanus intersected.
Private Tour of Ostia Antica description
Along the way, it will be possible to admire many other points of interest, such as the Fire Brigade Barracks, the Termopolium an ancient Roman fast food, the bakery, the latrines, or enter an ancient condominium or a 2000-year-old shop.
Ostia Antica Private Tour from Rome
Your private driver will conveniently pick you up at your accommodation in Rome at the time you choose. Once you reach Ostia Antica, your expert guide will accompany you to discover one of the most important archaeological sites in the world.
At the end of the tour your driver will take you back to the same starting point or other place indicated by you in the historical center of Rome.
The private tour of ancient Ostia is an exclusive service planned to satisfy all your needs.
All our visits can be personalized and vary according to your needs.