- About 2 hours
- At the entrance of Monte Testaccio
TOUR SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN
Tour of Monte Testaccio begins in Monte Testaccio which is an artificial hill created between II° BC and III° AD completely by the fragments (in Latin “testae” hence the name of Testaccio) of amphorae used to transport olives oil or wine that were unloaded from the ships in the nearby river port of Rome.The hill has a perimeter of about 3,330 feet, and a height of 150 feet. It constitutes an important source of historical documentation about the economic development of the Roman Empire, the commercial relations and the food habits of the Romans.Many of the amphorae that came mainly from Spain and North Africa have the marks impressed on their handles and others are painted or with notes written indicating the name of the exporter, the contents, and other important information.Calculating the number of amphorae accumulated allowed us to know the amount of oil that reached Rome in this period.Our tour guides are professional licensed guides, possessing solid historical, archaeological and artistic backgrounds.
To confirm your reservation we need:
- Your hotel in Rome and Tel Number
- Your credit card information (nothing will be charged, it is only to guarantee your reservation).
You can send your credit card details in two different emails not American Express the total payment in cash will be done at your meeting with our Tour guide.The entrance fees are not included.
|MEETING POINT:||At the entrance of Monte Testaccio in Via Nicola Zabaglia, 24|
|MEETING TIME:||In agreement with your needs|
|GROUP SIZE:||Minimum group size 15 people|
Concessions: € 2,00; Concessions apply to:
- citizens of the European Union between the 6 and 25 years of age and over 65 years, and to residents in the city of Rome between 18 and 25 years of age;
- teachers with permanent contracts in state and municipal schools;
- members of the Municipal Library Association of Rome, in possession of the Bibliocard (library card);
- holders of the “C.T.S.” card, the Italian Youth Card Association, the International Student Card and to the members of F.A.I.;
- promotional initiatives, aimed at tourist, cultural and sport promotion;
- holders of the annual ATAC and Metrebus annual Cards;
- Roma Pass holders, from the third entrance onwards to the visited museums and / or archaeological sites.
- citizens enrolled at the People’s University of Rome (UPTER);
- Italian Police Personnel, under presentation of a personal badge.
Rate per person including:
- Reservation service, Tour guide, Head sets and Tax Euro 10,00 Minimum group size 15 people
- Our tour guides are professional licensed guides, possessing solid historical, archaeological and artistic backgrounds